Tuesday, July 10, 2007

just a quick one to say hi and give some quick pics of what ive been doing for the past month.
Missed midnight flight sat at Perth airport till morning for next one.

Pic of Brins and Jim enjoying the flight

Firstly went to Victoria to see boy/man graduate from Naval Recruits at HMAS Cerberus



I so was proud I gushed all day.

Probably a little embarrasing for the boy but heck not every day your little man becomes a big man
A pic of Brin freezing her little butty off (the BIG head in the back thats my ex ex hubby. What a trooper he was, met me at melbourne and I let him hire the car and pay for it to take us down to Cerberus. See Im a lovely ex really, IT WAS BLOODY FREEZING THERE lol

Then on to SA to see Smell and little heff. And while there, knitted away as usual. Made Donut a scarf from cheap crappo stuff from "cheap as chips". Might be cheap but was soft and warm which we needed IT WAS FREEZING THERE TOO lol. Some more mittens for heff cause she kept losing hers and I finally made a jumper from some wool I bought from the knittery a few years ago. Beautiful to work with and very soft. Skye loved it so much it took 2 days to get it off her

Ok forget the hols now I much rather would, we ended up sick with the flu, and I mean SICK and poor Brins still has it all. ear and throat infections, border pneumonia and on enough drugs to start our own chemist.

Got home and kept knitting. Pair of longies for Skye. Im addicted to making these now. These were from Alisons pattern over at "the blue blog", But with skyes measurements Ive been crunching some numbers and looking thru stitch books to come up with my own. To be released next week, Im busy today.

Also making my man some socks cause I love him. Making them both at once hoping to stop the second sock syndrome. Just a simple cable rib thingy. dont know where I first seen this stitch but heck I like it. I call em twistee socks. Pattern is knit the 2nd sticth and while still on needle knit the first and slide both off. Then purl 2. Wish I knew where I seen it, been doing it for ages now, made some gloves and socks etc a couple of years ago doing this.

Also making Brins a Bee hive hat from stitch and bitch. Shes obsessed with Bees.

Looks like the man will be moving in soon. Still 4 weeks till settlement and over the past week have applied for so many jobs my head was spinning, and as yet have heard from NIL. I need a job. NOW pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Ok like a said a quick one, its cold outside but sunny and Im in the middle of trying to wash everything in sight and still have time to sit and knit laterer.

Ciao for now be back sometime this week with other news and pics.

No comments: